Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday

What is it about Monday? The attendance in my classes today were unbelievably low. I teach in a very small school, but I may have had 40 students total today.
Why am I working my butt off to learn and create these new and improved methods, lessons, assignments, projects, etc. (with and without technology) to have 40 students show up to school????
I guess I do it for THOSE students who do care and who do come to school.
Did anyone else have attendance issues? Is it because today is Monday?
Always look on the bright side.....tomorrow is a brand new day!

2 comments:

  1. Mandie, don't let it get you down. I teach at a very large school and we were missing over 600 students on Friday. Why? Because the band flew out to attend the BCS bowl, they performed at the 1/2 time show, DECA was at the state competition, and Model UN was up in Trenton for their state meeting. So you see, it doesn't matter large or small school we have to keep on going no matter how many students are left in our classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really try not to let it get to me. There is no way for me to extend time, so I have to move on! Thanks for the advise and great words of encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete